The knee-brace KNEO is intended for medical use at the knee suffering from osteoarthritis. It works by shifting the load line passing through the knee joint medially or laterally as needed. The forces needed to relieve the stress on the meniscus are generated by standing on a fully-extended leg.
- It is used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee
- The load line in the knee is shifted as required
- The feeling of pain can be significantly reduced
- It is a knee-free knee brace with high patient acceptance
- Its effect is generated by the patient’s own weight
- It can be worn comfortably under clothing
- It is light and inconspicuous
- Osteoarthritis of the knee, especially with bow legs or knock-knee deformity
- Injuries to the knee joint, in which the meniscus needs to be relieved
- After surgery on ligaments and meniscus to protect the surgical outcome
- After collateral ligament injuries of the knee, especially when instability is present
The indication is made by the doctor.
KNEO works by:
- shifting the loadline passing through the knee joint medially or laterally as needed.
- The other compartment is correspondingly relieved and pain is reduced.
- The forces needed to relieve the stress on the meniscus are generated by standing with an outstreched leg.
- Relieves pain in medial or lateral meniscus tear and avoids wrong posture and a loss of muscle mass (especially with elderly patients)
- Knee-free knee brace with high wearing comfort (no slippage at the knee joint)
- Easy to use. The knee brace is put on with the shoe and fixed with the hook-and-loop-fastener
- Can be worn comfortably under clothing
- Light and unconspicuous
- Fleece cushion is removable and washable
- Movable pad prevents friction on the skin of the lower leg
- Pressure on sensitive parts of the leg is avoided – pad is adjusted below the Fibula head
- High correcting effect
- Activity of the patient is conveyed
The knee brace KNEO consists of a foot piece and a side rail, forming a joint in the ankle area. The foot piece and the side rail are made of stainless steel. Attached to the end of the side rail is a movable pad that is equipped with a fleece cushion and is fastened to the lower leg with a hook-and-loop fastener. The hook-and-loop fastener can be supplemented if necessary with an additional elastic strap.