The Dynamic Splint is a dynamic Quengel splint intended for a joint suffering from muscle and tendon shortening. The joint is slowly returned to its original range of motion by continuously increasing the reduced yield or bending point with adjusted pressure. Due to the special design of the splint joint, the joint can be moved from the dynamic splint , at the other undamaged mating or bending limit, to an area without the application of force for a rest period. This means that the dynamic splint does not have to be put on and taken off cumbersomely during the wearing time.
The Dynamic Splint is for patients with:
- After traumatic injuries to joints with extension or flexion deficiency, in particular the elbow joint or the knee joint
- Neuromuscular joint contractures (stretch deficits)
- Spastics (e. g. after a stroke)
- Muscle weakness (need for stabilisation in cases of muscle weakness where continuous strength support is required, e. g. as a stand-up aid for wheelchair users)
The indication is provided by the doctor.
The dynamic Quengel splint shifts the yield or flexion limit of a joint by continuously applied force. In the opposite position a rest position is given by the mode of action of the dynamic splint.
- Resistanceless writing, working, eating. . .
- Recreation possibility with spastics
- Pause of quenching freely selectable
- Extension and flexion stop freely adjustable
- Direction of action freely adjustable
- Effective force adjustable in steps
The dynamic Quengel splint Dynamic splint consists of two splints which are connected in a joint. The joint is covered on both sides with caps. The splints are blank and can be adapted to the patient as required.